Who we are...

Who we are...
photography by http://www.leannavite.com/
charmed by choice, the blog has been a long thoughtful walk through choices. Ultimately, choices to be resilient.
Our family is one of the thousands of real life examples from this recession ...
we have experienced jobloss, mounting debt, property depreciation....
After spending some time hovering in the freak out mode...we have decided there is a choice to be made.
We can choose to stare at all that's challenging us,
or search and concentrate on all the incredible examples of resiliency.
Come along and be amazed at how many people live resiliently...
recovering finacially, emotionally, physically, spiritually...
We've all been told not to stare... but I invite you to stare at all that's resilient.
Let's be inspired and inspire each other.

Monday, July 2, 2012

My Blog List... choosing what to lose, keep & add

Some soul searching... I regularly scroll down my blog to review the blogs list in the right hand column, looking for updates.   I realized I had some blogs I generally skipped over, feeling like their posts weren't exactly relevant to the purpose of my blog.  I'd  decide to look at them later, when I wasn't really working on my blog.

It's like the playlist you have... there are always those songs that you put on the list, but you almost always skip over.  It's not that they aren't good songs, just for whatever reason they don't really speak to you at the time.

In an effort to check myself, clean out and keep things organized, I went through the blog list and in all honesty, the blogs that I regularly "skipped over" are great blogs, they just really don't have anything to do with resiliency or about true value or abundance and generousity.  They're fun and informative and appeal to my interests of FOOD :) and wellness, but just weren't true to the heart of this blog. 

And now for the ugly truth...  they have huge readerships and I'm sure my "hidden"
now exposed motivation was to somehow increase my readership by associating myself with them.
Sigh.... okay so now that the whole truth is out about the pruning of my blog list. 
Check out some of the newly added blogs, I've found so inspiring!


True Worth
http://trueworth.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/a-woman-of-confidence-today-at-reluctant-entertainer/

Encouraging Others
http://carolineteselle.com/live/2012/06/we-opened-a-can-of-worms/

Bead For Life- Fair Trade (Hand Up in action)

http://www.beadforlife.org/blog/

Be reminded and renew your thinking daily,
 knowing that individually and collectively
our everday choices have extraordinary impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment