Who we are...

Who we are...
photography by http://www.leannavite.com/
charmed by choice, the blog has been a long thoughtful walk through choices. Ultimately, choices to be resilient.
Our family is one of the thousands of real life examples from this recession ...
we have experienced jobloss, mounting debt, property depreciation....
After spending some time hovering in the freak out mode...we have decided there is a choice to be made.
We can choose to stare at all that's challenging us,
or search and concentrate on all the incredible examples of resiliency.
Come along and be amazed at how many people live resiliently...
recovering finacially, emotionally, physically, spiritually...
We've all been told not to stare... but I invite you to stare at all that's resilient.
Let's be inspired and inspire each other.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today's the day... Ready or Not!




I’ve been working toward the launch of this blog for sometime. 

I realized that I’d never really feel ready to launch. 

Every cool idea seemed to lead to a technical problem, I couldn’t figure out.  Every cool layout idea seemed to require a complete reorganization.

 It seemed that this could go on endlessly.   I knew I would need a deadline.

Procrastinators need deadlinesJ.  I wondered how I would decide the date…





 I realized the greatest example of hard working, self sufficient, well humored, honorable and giving individual, was my grandfather,

whom I lost un-expectantly this past Easter.





He loved a good laugh, a good restaurant, a round of golf with buddies, a good drink,

a long ride, fresh tomatoes, fresh sweet corn, working in his garden, his easy chair, baseball games and people.



He could sit and listen and enjoy the company of others.  He actually really listened, he knew the little things about people, the things most people don’t know and he remembered them.  If he knew your favorite pie, look out! 

Your favorite pie would eventually show up at your house.  He just loved to give.

It was a pure motivation to show his love for others in simple everyday ways.



He was the only person I knew who took pies to his dry cleaner and barber.  He had a loyalty about him that was so genuine, he did business in the same places and people knew him, not because he was a rich man in town or a famous man in town, but because he just enjoyed the people around him.  He was trustworthy and had integrity: he did what was right because it was right.   Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he was perfect, he was good old Abie and you could count on him.





He was simple, generally quiet, unassuming…he was a friend, a war hero and my grandpa.  He wasn’t perfect, rich or famous.  He just generally sought what was good in the world and gave to others



So this blog launch is today, in honor of his birthday.



So Ready or Not…

I’m putting it out there today, poke around, comment, see if you find what I’ve found interesting, encouraging, amusing, or helpful in making charmed choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment