Who we are...

Who we are...
photography by http://www.leannavite.com/
charmed by choice, the blog has been a long thoughtful walk through choices. Ultimately, choices to be resilient.
Our family is one of the thousands of real life examples from this recession ...
we have experienced jobloss, mounting debt, property depreciation....
After spending some time hovering in the freak out mode...we have decided there is a choice to be made.
We can choose to stare at all that's challenging us,
or search and concentrate on all the incredible examples of resiliency.
Come along and be amazed at how many people live resiliently...
recovering finacially, emotionally, physically, spiritually...
We've all been told not to stare... but I invite you to stare at all that's resilient.
Let's be inspired and inspire each other.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Encouragement IS Contagious!

It is an ironic position to be in, when one decides to embark on a journey to be an encouragement to others, seeking and sharing "news sources" of the positive nature and yet human nature seeps in and discouragement rears it's ugly head.  Simply said... I was discouraged this week.   I missed a deadline that was important to me.  Juggling my day job :), mom responsibilities, maintaining the blog and developing the web store felt like too much this week.  I had REALLY wanted to have the web store up and running this week ... beginning our campaign to support United Cancer Services,  with our first line of jewelry in memory of  my mother-in-law and all the mom's families have lost and all the mom fighters and survivors!  Reminding myself that I have a choice to focus in on a missed deadline or focus on the progress I've made so far and accepting that the deadline was simply, unrealistic was the choice I had to make.  What ushered me into a better choice?

ENCOURAGEMENT!

 I don't believe in coincidence, so I'm certain that by coincidence this week when I was encouraged by a friend, to keep going, it was by design that without her knowing I needed encouragement to replace my self judgement... she was there!

This brings me to the Media Monday share...
On the right side of the blog, you'll find Encouragement is Contagious.  It's an amazing video example of how, with encouragement, true supportive engagement, we can work through frustration and fear.  Be Encouraged and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment