Who we are...

Who we are...
photography by http://www.leannavite.com/
charmed by choice, the blog has been a long thoughtful walk through choices. Ultimately, choices to be resilient.
Our family is one of the thousands of real life examples from this recession ...
we have experienced jobloss, mounting debt, property depreciation....
After spending some time hovering in the freak out mode...we have decided there is a choice to be made.
We can choose to stare at all that's challenging us,
or search and concentrate on all the incredible examples of resiliency.
Come along and be amazed at how many people live resiliently...
recovering finacially, emotionally, physically, spiritually...
We've all been told not to stare... but I invite you to stare at all that's resilient.
Let's be inspired and inspire each other.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Empathy + Creativity = Social Entrepreneurship & Concious Consumerism

I love how the blogging community can work!  One positive thought shared, is like water flowing through a tiered stream.  It continues to grow and spread it's energy, quenching the thirst of so many along it's way.  The flow gains momentum by spreading from a set of like minded people to those from an ever broadening set of perspectives.  A big thank you to Brene` Brown.  She shared the video from Realizing Empathy.  I love to think about situations from the perspective of others' trying to imagine what they are experiencing and imagine what I would experience from the same situation.  I believe it's this choice to consider multiple perspectives that fuels my
Charmed By Choice project. 
The video I'm sharing was found on Ordinary Courage, it is from an artist's perspective.  As I soaked up it's content, I thought about how the title including "empathy" drew me in...  I had an immediate impression, based on that word choice, but as I watched, I shifted my thinking to included the entrepreneurial perspective.  The creativity involved to build a business out of an idea in partnership with empathy leads to the decision to create a social entrepreneurship.


Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E15sYx-cpso

Thank you to Seung Chan Lim your video fits exactly into my blog's intent to inspire both...
conscious consumerism and a shift from business as usual to social entrepreneurship.



No comments:

Post a Comment