Who we are...

Who we are...
photography by http://www.leannavite.com/
charmed by choice, the blog has been a long thoughtful walk through choices. Ultimately, choices to be resilient.
Our family is one of the thousands of real life examples from this recession ...
we have experienced jobloss, mounting debt, property depreciation....
After spending some time hovering in the freak out mode...we have decided there is a choice to be made.
We can choose to stare at all that's challenging us,
or search and concentrate on all the incredible examples of resiliency.
Come along and be amazed at how many people live resiliently...
recovering finacially, emotionally, physically, spiritually...
We've all been told not to stare... but I invite you to stare at all that's resilient.
Let's be inspired and inspire each other.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Resilency = courage + analysis

I've been struck by the difference between starting anew and returning to begin again.  As the mother of an equestrian, I can't help but think about the difference between watching my child learning and trying new fence heights and courses verses getting back on after an unplanned dismount.

For me getting back on the horse...
is not figurative, it's a literal act.
 
It requires courage + reflective and analytical correction.

Courage is critical, but it can't stand alone.  Reflective, analysis isn't enough either.  
Courage alone doesn't help you beyond hoisting your leg over the horses' back and remounting,
to move forward into a space of potential success the rider must analyze what happened and take corrective measures.

I'm amazed by the life lessons worked out as I watch the equestrian experience, the metaphors are unmistakable.

For my non-horsey readers, I've come across the following video, another metaphor for resiliency, beginning again.

http://www.oprah.com/own-shaniatwain/Shanias-Courage

I was  amazed that this incredibly successful artist seems to experience beginning again with the same fear many of us share, the fear of failure. I've learned that Shania overcame family tragedy and poverty to experience success the first time, only to be faced with beginning again following the collapse of her marriage.
I am more convinced than ever that the  formula for resiliency is...

courage + analysis = resiliency

You too can be resilient

No comments:

Post a Comment